Friday, August 28, 2009
It is running with Internet Explorer without Adobe Flash Player Plugin installed!
Isn't it boring to have no software or program to support your web browsing during break time?
I found out a way to "by-pass" this irritating issue. (of course I'm not making you hack your system!)
If a web browser can be "installed" without initiating the executional program, it won't be affected by Admin access restriction.
This wonderful web-browser, Google Chrome, is a fast loading and user-friendly web browser and it installs in just a few minutes!
It is initiated by auto-extraction of files to designated folder and opens an updater where latest updates are automatically downloaded to your system.
Here is a step-by-step guide (Win XP and Vista users only):
1. Download Google Chrome here and go through its installation process.
2. Download Flash Player plugin here. (flashplayer-win)
3. Rename flashplayer-win by adding .zip at the end of the filename.
(it will look like this: "flashplayer-win.zip")
4. Close Google Chrome if it was started after the installation.
5. Right-click "flashplayer-win.zip" and extract contents with WinRAR.
(you will find a few files, including “flashplayer.xpt” and “NPSWF32.dll” at your destinated folder)
6.1. For Win XP users,
Paste “flashplayer.xpt” and “NPSWF32.dll” into the following folder (just copy and paste):
C:\Documents and Settings\%Username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\Plugins
6.2. For Win Vista users,
Go to the following folder (just copy and paste)
In the "Application" folder, create a new folder and name it "Plugins"
Paste “flashplayer.xpt” and “NPSWF32.dll” into the "Plugins" folder.
7. Now start Google Chrome and enjoy your flash games and videos!
Posted by kure at 8/28/2009 03:38:00 PM